Monday, February 11, 2013

The Invitation


It’s so important that we grasp that Jesus came to reconcile us to the Father. He became the veil that was torn (Hebrews 10:20), so that a place or topos (John 14:2-3) could be prepared for us to be with Him where He is .(John17:24).

Heaven is the destination, not the goal.

“This is eternal life: [it means] to know (to perceive, recognize, become acquainted with, and understand) You, the only true and real God, and to know Him, Jesus [as the] Christ (the Anointed One, the Messiah), Whom You have sent.”- John 17:3

This blog will follow my spiritual journey “Behind the Veil” into this place of abiding fellowship with God here on earth. Jesus has become the way to enter into the place of the Holy of Holies where I reap and you may also reap an “abundance (to the full, till it overflows)” John10:10  life. This blog will share the by products or the fruits of my pursuit as, “I press on to take hold of that for which Christ Jesus took hold of me.”-Phil 3:13


Why the Title? Veil? Holy of Holies? HUH?


Before Jesus, in a Mosaic system, a veil separated the people of God from freely accessing a place of intimacy with Him. The Holy of Holies was a place where the very presence of The Almighty was, but it was not accessible except once a year by a high priest. As Hebrews 9 declares, this place before God directly had not been opened up yet,

BUT, now

By his death, Jesus opened a new and life-giving way through the curtain(veil) into the Most Holy Place.” - Hebrews 10:20

Why is the URL my topos? What’s that mean?


In John 14:2-3, Jesus makes this statement to His disciples:

I go and make ready a place for you, I will come back again and will take you to Myself, that where I am you may be also.”

Where was Jesus going?

In the later part of John 14, Jesus says I am going to the Father and John 13:13 says that He is going to where He came from, which was in the bosom of the Father.

The only unique Son, or the only begotten God, Who is in the bosom [in the intimate presence] of the Father”-John 1:18(AMP)

What’s all that have to do with TOPOS?


“Topos” is the Greek word for a place; it’s the place of inhabitation in the Father.

Unfortunately, to their own detriment, many Christians put this scripture’s fulfillment only some place off in the future, even though Jesus talks about this place in His following statements in chapter 14. Explaining to His disciples, ”Come on guys, you know the way to this place! I am The Way, The True, and The Life.”(my paraphrase of Jesus of John14:4, 6)


I don't get it. You’re saying this place is now? That doesn't make sense...


Oh, but it does. Jesus tells us what this going away, coming back looks like and what this place looks like later in that same chapter.

“I will not abandon you as orphans-I will come to you. Soon the world will not see me, but you will see me. Since I live, you also will live. When I am raised to life again, you will know that I am in my Father, and you are in me, and I am in you.”-John 14:18-20(NTL)

“And We will come to him and make Our home (abode, special dwelling place) with him.” - John 14:23 (Amp)
"How great is the love that the Father
has lavished upon us, that we should
be called children of God!"
1 John 3:1

This place isn't some place off in the sky somewhere. It’s the place where the Holy Spirt brings us.  It’s a place of abiding in unbroken fellowship with the Father and the Son here on earth. 
I am “telling you, so that you too may realize and enjoy fellowship as partners and partakers with me. And in this fellowship that we have [which is a distinguishing mark of Christians] is with the Father and with His Son Jesus Christ.” - 1 John 1:3


This is my life to be loved and to love my Father, my God, my Lord, my friend the Holy Spirit, Who are all One and…

Whom I often call Papa!!


If this Blog has bless you. Please pass it on for Christ sake :-)
Thanks!

(Some passages about the Tabernacle for those who are confused: Exodus 20-31, 35-40; Leviticus; Numbers 6-10)
(Other readings the Book of Hebrews and John 14-17)

1 comment: